Sunday 9 September 2012

I wish my bottom was aching and not my heart


This week my kitten died, and I thought that my heart would break.  It was sick for a very short while with a virus called sniffles and then just when the vet thought it was getting better.. it died.  I was absolutely heart broken. My husband was very supportive, even though he was also upset he was, as always my rock.  He comforted me and supported me and held me tight as I sobbed in his arms that night.  He pampered me, made excuses for me when I was tired and miserable over the  next couple of days and was kind and loving and tolerant.  He is always kind and loving and tolerant to a point, but this week, he went the extra mile for me, things that would usually have earned me a stinging bottom, were somehow swept aside unnoticed.
Comments that would usually have attracted 'that' look, or a stern reprimand, simply went unheard!
Did I appreciated it? Yes I did! Did I love him more for it? Yes I did! Was it the desired outcome? No!!

For the first time I really wanted him to spank me, I wanted to have an aching bottom and and not an aching heart, I wanted to be able to just cry and cry and cry and get it all out, but he kept being tolerant and loving and forgiving.  I wondered, if anyone else has ever felt frustrated, from the lack of a spanking?  Have you ever gone out of your way to look for a spanking, and no matter what you did, not been able to achieve it?
If so, how did you handle it?  Has anyone had the courage to ask for a spanking?  If so.. did you get what you asked for?

Are we, or are we not... complex beings?


15 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear that you lost your beloved kitty. It's so hard when you have to say goodbye to a pet.

    Hugs,
    Hermione

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hermione its good to know that others feel the same.

      Hugs

      Delete
  2. I am so sorry about your kitten. (hugs)

    I have asked for a spanking before, but it took years for me to be even somewhat comfortable with it. It usually comes out something like "I need a long but not too hard spanking". It took a while, but Captain finally understands, and most of the time I get what I asked for. And yes, it helps.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kate,
      Its wonderful to know that there are others out there. You are all such brave amazing women.

      Delete
  3. No, I have never asked for a spanking before, but I can see why you didn't want to have your heart hurt any more. I'm very sorry about your kitten.

    I am an animal lover, and they just really become part of your family. My heart breaks to lose a pet, it really does.

    Stormy

    PS Welcome to blogging :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Animals are precious and innocent, and always always loyal. Thanks for stopping by Stormy.

      Delete
  4. I'm so sorry to hear about your kitty. It is hard to lose a pet, they become parts of our family.

    I join Stormy in welcoming you to blogland :) You will find lots of support an insight here - I sure do - learned a few things just this morning, in fact.

    It is okay to ask for a spanking. I do when I'm out of sorts, Ward often will see it before I do and oblige, sometimes though I will ask before he has the chance to see it, or sometimes I just need to feel my place and his dominance. I'd rather not brat to get it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks June, I completely agree with you about the bratting. I need to be more forthcoming and open and honest about my needs.

      Delete
  5. I am so sorry about your kitten. I have always been devastated whenever one of our "kids" died. I always swear I will never have another but that doesn't last.

    We're not DD but I ask for a spanking when I need one.

    Welcome to blogland. I'll be stopping by again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the welcome.. I enjoy your aimless ramblings :)

      Delete
  6. Being sad makes us more vulnerable so people close to us are more careful with us...and sometimes we just need things to be normal again. And sometimes we would be unhappy no matter what because that is just what grieving is like.

    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you hit the nail on the head! He was more careful with me, more tender and tolerant.. I just wanted things to be normal.

      Thank you for your incite!

      Delete
  7. I'm so sorry about your kitty. I understand the need to feel physical pain when experiencing mental pain. Ask for what you need! No one can read your mind. If you are in a relationship work on communication to the point where you can openly discuss things. My HOH asks me what number a stroke is when he uses a new implement since he doesn't know. I answer truthfully. We have been open and honest and it has helped us get to where we are in a short time.

    We developed a Communication Boot Camp and did it for 2 days. It made all the difference! You might try it. Here are our results http://aspankedwifesphotoblog.blogspot.com/2012/06/communication-boot-camp-follow-up.html

    I hope i was of some help.

    Lily

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lily, I realize after reading the results of your boot camp blog that I should be more forthcoming with my needs. You were a great help!


      Hugs

      Delete
  8. I'm so glad I could be of help to you. This is a complex lifestyle but communication makes it so much easier. Reach out to me anytime. hugggssss Lily

    ReplyDelete